Editorial Policy in effect from September 1st, 2014
The purpose of this page is to define the principles, practices and policies IHB upholds in delivering the highest editorial integrity to our readers. As a legitimate and trustworthy source for news, we strive to publish the highest quality information and data surrounding the cryptocurrency ecosystem and fiat-money financial system.
We adhere to the Society of Professional Journalism Code of Ethics. These principles dynamically guide our staff, processes and operations at IHB. As a result, we strive to maintain an individual and collective responsibility to uphold these principles throughout our organization.
We have instituted clear and unambiguous practices to uphold our news organization’s core principles. These practices compose our code of conduct that is expected of all editorial staff and contributors at IHB.
- Maintain principles of fairness, accuracy, objectivity and responsible reporting.
- Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity or damage credibility.
- Clarify and explain news coverage and encourage dialogue with the public over articles written.
- Expose unethical practices of participants, journalists or government in the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
- Identify sources whenever feasible.
- Never plagiarize.
Integrity is a founding principle at IHB. Our commitment to integrity is reflected throughout our editorial workflow and our fair and unbiased coverage of the events and stories within the bitcoin ecosystem.